RS2 and autocad

Looking for guidance on using the RS2 in small construction jobs. in some instances, the features
that I wanted to locate are known so I want to import those features into my 2019 AutoCAD LT.
Any guidance/info on what software I would need and how this process work will be greatly appreciated it.

What version of AutoCAD?

I recall my first session with on of Emlids devices. It was plain text on the ground using autocad360, loaded with the word “AWESOME” which i georefered to my location and typed on the ground.

This is the cheapest and simplest way i can think of.
If your gear is compatible, you might want to look into survey master Reach RS2 & Survey Master - Georefrence CAD file with 3 point site calibration - YouTube

These are just some hints to get you going for the cheaper version. I use cad software daily and often do survey tied to XYZ coordinates and vice versa.

Second, Qgis is really a underrated tool working with dwg/dxf and coordinates

For higher end quality and up to date i would look into FieldGenius

4 Likes

I would second the vote for QGIS. It is going to be much more powerful for the kind of data that you’ll generate with GNSS gear and you can convert to DXF if you want to drop it in CAD and design. You can draw in QGIS as well as make surfaces, but it’s all about finding the best workflow for your needs. Plus it’s free so no loss if it doesn’t work for you.

2 Likes

I am currently using AC 2019 LT.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely a good starting point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just wanted to say that now we have ReachView 3 application with the support of different coordinate systems along with the DXF format. You can easily export your projects from the app to any CAD software that supports this format.

Don’t hesitate to try out ReachView 3 for iOS or Android device. If you want to learn more about the app, here are the online guides for you.

1 Like

I really like the DXF option instead of exporting/importing CSV files and making sure everything is mapped correctly. Now we just bring in the nodes, select them and store them to the Carlson coordinate file. This adds the rest of the attributes to the point. Kudos!

3 Likes