RS+ won't connect to wifi

My RS+ does not connect to the WIFI at my house and when it does it is very unstable, even if it is next to the router, with the hotspot of my cell phone there is no such problem.

Hi Jaime,

Welcome to the community forum!

As Reach RS+ works stable with the mobile hotspot, the issue looks related to the exact Wi-Fi network. Most likely, to an unusual network scheme.

I’d start with checking that your network doesn’t work on 2 frequencies simultaneously. For instance, on 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If it does, please reconfigure the router to work on 2.4GHz only and try to set the connection once more.

Another thing to check is that your network doesn’t have a separate main router and access points. It also may cause Reach RS+ and your phone to be in the same network but don’t see each other.

Overall, all the specific features of your network may give us a clue to find the issue reasons. So if you have any ideas on it, don’t hesitate to share them.

Yes, the problem was a poor configuration of my WIFI network.
I use an access point to be able to extend the signal to my mount point on the roof, the solution was to change the transmission channel of the network to avoid overlapping with the networks of my neighbors, as well as changing the bandwidth to 20 Mhz .
I think turning off the 5GHz is not strictly necessary but it does help a bit.

Thank you very much for the help!

1 Like

Jaime,

Good news! Thanks for sharing the solution :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.