RS+ Sampling rate

Hello, I am new in the community and trying to set up the Reach RS+ for my purposes. I will install it in a remote area and have continuous recording to be used to generate PPK solutions and apply corrections to the data of a co-located total station.

I have seen that the min sampling rate is 1Hz, however, this would generate large files to be transferred via GSM network. I have seen different posts asking for the option to reduce the sampling rate, but it seems that this feature is planned but not yet available.

Is there any work around that you could suggest? Thanks

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

Have you already learned our guide on how to log data for PPK?

In the Raw data settings, you can find the Logging interval option. If you need to reduce the log size, choose a 30 s interval as shown on the screenshot. It means that data will be recorded once every 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find these options in the web browser version of Reach View. Is this available only on the app? thanks

Ok, I solved. The firmware had to be updated. Now I can see the options.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

It’s good to hear that you solved it. The latest firmware version indeed includes the options you need.

However, could you share why do you use the browser version (Reach Panel) instead of ReachView 3 in your workflow? Are there any missed features in ReachView 3 that are important for you?

The Reach RS+ is connected via WiFI to a router located remotely in the field and acquires continuously data. I have to connect through the Reach Panel because I manage all the monitoring systems connected to this router from a dedicated Windows machine (including data download).

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for sharing this.

Just an additional point/comment. it seems that the 30s sampling is available only for the Rinex format. I think it would be useful to have it also for the UBX files. And an additional feature that would be nice is to set up the start time of the log, so that is possible to store homogeneous dataset.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.