RS+ questions

I Have trouble getting my devices (2 RS+ units set up as base and rover) to properly connect to the wifi on my phone.

• Both turn on, and broadcast their own hotspot.
  • I connect to each, one at a time, and tell them to connect to my phones saved wifi network.
  • this is where the problems begin. Sometimes the base will connect, sometime the rover. Frequently it seems like the devices just revert to broadcasting their own hotspots.

Am I doing something wrong? do I need to have my phones wifi off while setting up? have it on?

Also-is there any rhyme or reason to how long it takes for the devices to start receiving corrections? and is there a way for me to know how far along the device is in the process?

Thanks to any who can help

Hi Jesse,

Sorry for the silence here!

do I need to have my phones wifi off while setting up? have it on?

We recommend connecting Reach receivers to a mobile hotspot as follows:

1. Disable your device’s mobile hotspot

2. Press Connect to a hidden network and fill in the credentials

3. Press the Connect button. The Reach network LED should start blinking, but the unit will return to the hotspot soon.

4. Turn Reach off

5. Enable the mobile hotspot on your mobile device

6. Turn Reach on. The receiver will scan the available networks and connect to your phone’s hotspot.

You can find a more detailed description and additional tips in our Connecting Reach to the Internet via mobile hotspot guide. Please let me know if it helps!

Also-is there any rhyme or reason to how long it takes for the devices to start receiving corrections? and is there a way for me to know how far along the device is in the process?

If the settings are correct and the receiver is provided with Internet access, you normally see the Receiving corrections status just in seconds. If you face issues with getting base corrections on your Reach, please describe what you see, and I’ll help you find a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.