RS+ no wifi when turned on, NET light off

I have an RS+ that I have been using for a base station for surveys for almost a year. Recently it has developed a problem where wifi is not turned on when the unit is powered on. The three LEDs will blink in the normal start up sequence, but when the PWR light stops blinking, the NET light turns off and does not turn on again. When the start up sequence is complete, the PWR and STAT lights are solid, while the NET light is off. I am in an area where there are no known wifi networks, and the hotspot does not appear. If I repeatedly turn the unit off and back on it will eventually start up properly.

This has been mentioned in several other posts on the forum. I tried re-flashing the firmware as suggested in another post on this forum. This resolved the problem temporarily, but it returned after only a few surveys. I spent 15 minutes rebooting the unit in the field today. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi Christy,

Thanks for reporting!

Can you please share a Full system report from your RS+ with me? I’ll check up if there are any signs of the issue to understand how we can help. Please, send it to support@emlid.com. I’ll take your email.

Please also specify the serial number of the device in the email.

Hi Liudmila,

I just sent the report and serial number via email. Please let me know if you need any more information.

1 Like

Hi Christy,

Thanks! I’ll check the report with the devs and get back to you with the news over the email. I believe it’s better to continue our troubleshooting there to keep all the details in one place.