I’ve been finding the similar issues on one of my RS+ on fw27.1.
When I enable the reach hotspot it allows me to connect, but when I turn the unit off then on again the hotspot is not available and it defaults to my saved wifi network. When I re-connect via my wifi network and check the wifi settings, the hotspot is not enabled.
It looks like the script is not commiting the changes to flash.
Brought the receiver into the office to download todays logs onto laptop. It connected to the saved wifi network and allowed my to log in and navigate a couple of pages then disconnected.
Checked connection via reach app on iPhone, confirmed that the receiver was intermittently available.
Connected receiver and latop to the iPhone hotspot. same results.
I ran ping -t from laptop in both instrances and found intermittent connections and high latency. (Im in an area where there are no other wifi devices, so clean air on 2.4)
Reflashed firmware 27.1 via Flash tool. The receiver is now behaving normally. Ping shows latency around 6ms.