RS+ IMU Information?

I’m looking for some info on the internal 9DoF IMU of the Reach RS+, such as how it’s used or how to access it, and what it’s specs are. The specifications on the product page states 9DoF, but nothing else about it and the docs don’t really even mention it at all. I reached out to EMLID for some more technical info, but the “datasheet” they sent me in response was literally the pdf version of the specs from the product page, rather than an actual datasheet.
I’m currently using the RS+ as a standalone GNSS receiver and reading NMEA strings from it via the micro USB port. I’m wondering if the IMU is being used to improve the stability of the location data I’m getting and, if not, how I would go about utilizing it.

As a side note, does anyone know if the RS+ is single band or multiband? The docs hype up the advantages of multiband, which I would assume means it’s multiband, but the received channels only list the L1 C/A band, which would lead me to believe it’s single band.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to our community forum!

You’re right. Reach RS+ is a single-band device and receives only L1 signals. You can find actual technical documentation for Reach RS+ in our docs.

Regarding the IMU data, we don’t have a ready solution here. IMU isn’t implemented in the software, so there’s no easy way to get that data.

The receiver in standalone mode provides several meters of accuracy only. To improve the accuracy, you need to work in RTK or PPK. So, the base corrections are required for a highly accurate solution.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. Are you able to share with me the part number or name of the GPS receiver itself within the RS+? As in, does it use a Ublox NEO-M9N or something like that? Unless of course EMLID manufactures their own custom receiver chips.

Reach RS+ uses another GNSS chip.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.