RS+ 2.23.9 RTK setting issue

I bought 3 Reach Rs+ and now using in Pakistan.
2 of them updated on v2.22.7 and 1 on v2.22.9

Now when i try to to update RTk setting in v2.22.9 stays at loading stage and doesn’t allow to edit anything. Pictures are attached for reference.

Also see the report

Simple system report
app version: 2.22.7-r0
'wifi_status, interface: wlan0':
- wifi_mode: ap
- access_point:
    band: bg
    channel: 1
    password: null
  ip: 192.168.42.1
  is_added: true
  is_connected: true
  mac_address: 6C:21:A2:8F:91:86
  security: wpa-psk
  ssid: reach-Rover2:41:5E
  uuid: 87ecee4b-f871-417f-a9d8-5580dfe37f23
base mode:
  base coordinates:
    accumulation: 30
    antenna offset:
      east: '0'
      north: '0'
      up: '0'
    coordinates:
    format: llh
    mode: single-and-hold
  output:
    enabled: true
    format: rtcm3
    path: lora
    type: lora
  rtcm3 messages:
    '1002':
      frequency: '1'
    '1006':
      frequency: '0.1'
    '1010':
    '1097':
      enabled: false
    '1107':
    '1117':
    '1127':
bluetooth:
  discoverable: false
  pin: '***'
constraints:
  lora:
    frequency:
correction input:
  input2:
    format: rtcm3
    path: ttyMFD2:38400:8:n:1:off
    send position to base: 'off'
    type: serial
  input3:
    format: RTCM3
    io_type: tcpsvr
    path: :9028
device: null
logging:
  base:
    started: true
  correction:
  debug: false
  interval: 24
  overwrite: true
  raw:
    format: UBX
  solution:
    format: LLH
lora:
  air rate: 4.5599999999999996
  frequency: 868100
  mode: write
  output power: 20
position output:
  output1:
    format: nmea
    path: bluetooth
    type: bluetooth
  output2:
    format: llh
    path: :9001
    type: tcpsvr
rtk settings:
  elevation mask angle: 15
  glonass ar mode: 'on'
  gps ar mode: fix-and-hold
  max horizontal acceleration: 1
  max vertical acceleration: 10
  positioning mode: kinematic
  positioning systems:
    compass: false
    galileo: true
    glonass: true
    gps: true
    qzss: true
    sbas: true
  snr mask: 40
  update rate: 5

Moreover, we will use Baido satellite in pakistan is there any setting required?

And in both Reach RS+ v2.22.7 when i select status the bars does not go green it stays orange, eventhough i am standing under the sky.

Hi Usman,

Thanks for the detailed report!

We’re working on reproducing the issues with the RTK Settings tab on dev v2.23.9. I’ll reach out once we have an update on this.

Currently, I’d recommend using all of your devices on the latest stable v2.22.7. To get back to the stable version, you need to perform the reflashing procedure described in detail in our guide.

To choose the BeiDou system, you need to untick the GLONASS system. Reach RS+ can’t track GLONASS and BeiDou simultaneously. It’s a hardware limitation.

It might mean that the environmental conditions are difficult for Reach RS+. As a single-band receiver, Reach RS+ requires a clear sky view 30 degrees above the horizon. There should be no obstacles that could block the view like buildings, trees, cars, humans, laptops, etc. Also, there should be no electrical lines nearby. For more requirements, you can check out our Placement guide.

Also, according to the screenshots you’ve sent, on one of your receivers, it seems like you’re trying to use the LoRa radio for both correction input and correction output. Please note that it’s not possible as the error message mentions.

Hi Polina,

The report i shared with you is for v 2.22.7.

The area is clear and there is no obstacles near the base.

Currently i am using in Pakistan. The base shows an accuracy error of approx 1.6m in Longitude and Latitude and 4m in Height. All the settings i have shared with you.

Is there any issue in using EMLID in Pakistan? Have you received any complaints before.

Hi Usman,

There are no restrictions for Reach receivers in Pakistan. Such accuracy is okay when you’re using the receiver in a standalone mode. For more accurate readings, you need to establish an RTK corrections stream from another receiver like an NTRIP base or a local base station. You can learn here how to do it.

Please try resetting all of your settings to the default as described in our docs. This might help us to check whether your custom RTK Settings are interfering with using good satellites in the calculation.

It’d be great if you recoded a log and sent it to me. You can follow this guide on how to do it. This would help me to analyze the observational data quality. From what I can see on your picture, it seems like you’re surveying in the city which might be a pretty difficult environment for Reach RS+.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.