ROS, ReachRsDriver object has no attribute socket

Hello,
This is a question about the reach_ros_driver. I’m trying to retrieve the NMEA messages for a ROS setup, here are the details:

• EMLID Reach RS2, firmware version 26.1, ip address 10.10.10.3
  • Laptop with Ubuntu 18 and ROS Melodic, ip address 10.10.10.5
  • ROS package enwaytech/reach_rs_ros_driver

The Reach is connected through WiFI to the same local network than the Ubuntu machine, i can access to the Reach portal over a browser without problems and I can ping from the laptop the Reach without problems.

As recommended, settings in the ReachView web interface are :
On the Position output tab under Output1 choose TCP . Set the role to Server , the address to localhost and choose a port number. From the formats select NMEA .

Then, I start roscore in the laptop, setup the parameters and get the ros node running:

roscore
rosparam set reach_rs_host_or_ip 10.10.10.3
rosparam set reach_rs_port 9001
rosrun reach_rs_driver reach_rs_driver_node

and when I execute the node, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/usr/ws/t_ws/src/reach_rs_ros_driver/scripts/reach_rs_driver_node", line 45, in <module>
    reachRsDriver = ReachRsDriver()
  File "/home/usr/ws/t_ws/src/reach_rs_ros_driver/src/enway_reach_rs_driver/reach_rs_driver.py", line 53, in __init__
    port = rospy.get_param('~reach_rs_port')
  File "/opt/ros/melodic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospy/client.py", line 467, in get_param
    return _param_server[param_name] #MasterProxy does all the magic for us
  File "/opt/ros/melodic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospy/msproxy.py", line 123, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: '~reach_rs_port'
Exception AttributeError: "'ReachRsDriver' object has no attribute 'socket'" in <bound method ReachRsDriver.__del__ of <enway_reach_rs_driver.reach_rs_driver.ReachRsDriver object at 0x7f5ef71fdbd0>> ignored

I think it should be a pretty simple error because I’m basically just executing the package as it is, but i can not get it working…
If any of you has experienced similar issue, I would appreciate your feedback or comments,

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi @AG08,

I’ve never worked with this package myself, but I have several suggestions to check:

• Make sure that Reach’s IP address wasn’t changed. You can check it in the ReachView 3
  • Make sure that the 9001 port isn’t busy by Correction output or input
  • Try to connect your laptop to Reach’s hotspot and check if it works. In that case, Reach’s IP address is 192.168.42.1

Also, I see that this package was written for Reach RS. Probably, it’s not optimized for Reach RS2.

You can check another one in this topic: Is their any ROS Package for REACH RS2? We didn’t test it too, but our users say it works for them.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.