ROS missing packages

Arducopter version: arducopter 3.6

Problem

I’m currently trying to run a camera on the RPi, however, to use the camera I need to use the ros kinetic package rgbd_launch, however, I am unable to install the package via sudo apt install ros-kinetic-rgbd-launch as I get the no package found error. Is there a way of getting this package with the custom version of ROS kinetic installed on the navio?

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delayed response!

I’m afraid it’d be rather difficult to analyze the custom version of the ROS kinetic package installed. May I ask you if you have checked out our guide on video streaming for the Raspberry Pi Camera Module?

To resolve this issue, it’s usually suggested to update the package index with the following commands:

sudo apt-get update 
sudo apt-get upgrade

You could also check the tips for dealing with this issue on the ROS forum.

Hopefully, some of these ideas will help you locate the error.

Hi there, I’ve tried this and also manually installing the packages which are needed which doesn’t work, this is because of the custom distribution on the Navio2. The only real way around this issue is to move to a more supported distro like Ubuntu, this would make the Navio2 much more favorable for alot more robotic solutions. I’ve been working with the Navio2 for almost 6 months now and I just don’t think it’s cut out for ROS due to the small set of packages which are available for it.

Hi Andrew,

I apologize that it took so long to get back to you!

Navio2 supports ROS kinetic. We’ll check if our pre-installed version is indeed preventing the packages from being installed. Would you mind specifying any other packages you had an issue with apart from the rgbd_launch?

Regarding the Ubuntu support, thanks for the request! I’ll transfer it to the devs team. However, at the moment, we don’t have plans of releasing the Ubuntu support.

I’m having the same problems getting cv_bridge to install. I have been trying a few diff options, but everything keeps failing with errors that deal with an unsupported version.

Hi @Bonkazoid,

It seems like the CvBridge package is from the Noetic branch. We’re still checking out the possible solutions with our pre-installed version.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.