RINEX Header

Hi Team,

I have the below problem with the RINEX Header… Can anyone shed any light on the below?

I had to change the file extensions to get them into Leica Infinity (.obs->.19o abd .nav → .19n). This did the trick and the data came in nicely.

Problem is that there are a couple of key pieces of information missing from the RINEX file header:

• No IGS Receiver type, which is needed for the post-processing software to compensate for GLONASS inter-frequency biases.

• No IGS Antenna name, which is needed for the pos-processing software to compensate for the phase center offsets.

3.01 OBSERVATION DATA M: Mixed RINEX VERSION / TYPE
    CONVBIN 2.4.3 Emlid 20190416 223901 UTC PGM / RUN BY / DATE
    log: raw_201904162229 COMMENT
    format: u-blox COMMENT
    MARKER NAME
    MARKER NUMBER
    MARKER TYPE
    OBSERVER / AGENCY
    REC # / TYPE / VERS
    ANT # / TYPE
    -4529967.2740 707569.4662 -4419343.5533 APPROX POSITION XYZ
    0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N
    G 4 C1C L1C D1C S1C SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    R 4 C1C L1C D1C S1C SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    E 4 C1C L1C D1C S1C SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    J 4 C1C L1C D1C S1C SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    S 4 C1C L1C D1C S1C SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    C 4 C1I L1I D1I S1I SYS / # / OBS TYPES
    2019 4 16 22 29 49.3920000 GPS TIME OF FIRST OBS
    2019 4 16 22 39 19.7920000 GPS TIME OF LAST OBS

One clue is that the RINEX file say’s it’s been converted from u-blox format, which indicates that it’s a u-blox receiver inside.

I’ve had a search through the IGS receiver and antenna lists and can’t find any u-blox stuff:

http://www.epncb.oma.be/ftp/station/general/rcvr_ant.tab

I’ve even tried hacking the RINEX header with ‘u-blox’ but Infinity doesn’t recognize it.

It might be worth checking with the manufacturer if they have the receiver and antenna types registered with the iGS or at least have antenna calibration files available (absolute or relative in ANTEX format).

1 Like

There is no IGS code currently for the Emlid. This is something they are pursuing for the RS2.

I suppose you could fake the IGS info by entering in an existing antenna/receiver type. I don’t know which ones to suggest though.

And of course it would probably skew the result, but would it be marginal or substantial? Has anybody else done this?

1 Like

Given that the RS+ (which I guess you are using?) is a single frequency device, there is no data to be given for inter frequency bias.
The same goes for the phase center offset. As the device is single frequency, there is no offset, as there is only a single phase/frequency.
Are you sure L1-only is supported?

OK, well hang on though. RS+ is single-frequency, but don’t the GLONASS satellites all occupy different frequencies? So we’re not talking L1 vs. L2, but more like this satellite is not broadcasting on the same frequency as that satellite, so the propagation time is different berween satellites? …and that the bias must be determined?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.