Request: EPSG 4936 & 4937

Dear Team,

Would you please be so kind an integrate EPSG 4936 and EPSG 4937 in ReachView3?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Buddy

1 Like

Hi Buddy,

you can read my dreams.
Pleased Emlid do it !

Manfred

2 Likes

Hi guys,

As I see, it’s ETRS89 in meters. I got your request, but just curious: don’t you use some local coordinate systems in your countries?

2 Likes

Hello Svetlana,

Many thanks for confirming my request.

It really is confusing from time to time.

Not all (German federal) states seem to express their coordinates for geodetic control points in compliance with the requirements of EPSG4936. The Saar region of Germany definitely does it like that. Rhineland-Palatinate, however, uses regular UTM coordinates according to EPSG4647. :man_shrugging:t2:
If it is not too much of a nuisance, implementing 4936 and 4937 would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Live another day to learn something new! I think we can make it easier for you, but I’ll discuss it with devs first if there are any difficulties or not.

Good morning Svetlana,

Any updates regarding the implementation of the above mentioned EPSG standards?

Regards

Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Relatively recently, we reworked our coordinate system database and separated projected and not projected (geographic) coordinate systems. We couldn’t support new features in ReachView 3 without this.

For all geographic coordinate systems, we have the Global CS option. With this option, you don’t need to choose a specific system on the rover: the coordinates will be in your base’s system.

However, EPSG:4936 and EPSG:4937 are geographic coordinates systems as well. They just provide cartesian coordinates in meters. That’s why, in the meantime, we can’t add them separately in ReachView 3.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.