Relay switch on Rover

Hi,

In the documentation: Configuration | Navio2
is mentioned that the relay function is only available on ArduCopter? For my new project I will need a relay switch on a Rover. What would you recommend doing? Installing ArduRover and look for a workaround or just instal Arducopter and chang all the parameters to work on the rover?
the Rover needs 4 PWM outputs: 1 for the main motor, 1 for steering, 2 for a robot arm.
1 Digital output to control a relay.
Any sugjestions?

Hi @kilianderoovere,

Sorry for the delayed response!

1 Digital output to control a relay

You could operate PWM pin as GPIO. This guide might help you to set it.

Please keep us posted about your results.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the link, will the GPIO pin be controllable over missionplanner or only from the raspberry pi terminal in this case?

Hi @kilianderoovere,

Once you specify the pin as the relay in Mission Planner, it’d be possible to control it through the application :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, for some reason i can’t get this to work properly. maybe i’m missing something here:

1. I used the command on the Navio: “echo 508 > /sys/class/gpio/export”
  2. On a connected PC I went to the full parameter list on Mission planner and set the value “9” to “RELAY_PIN2” and wrote the parameters to the Navio.
  3. Lastly I tried the command: “Do_Set_Relay” specifying “relay No# = 2”

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Hi @kilianderoovere,

I’ll check this and get back to you as soon as possible :wink:

I decided you use a hardware work around by using one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000150091126.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.79184c4dD3Bj0l
it’s a PWM relais receiver so it can be set using the Do_Set_Servo command

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.