Relay for camera trigger?

Hello. We are thinking about using the relay in the Navio to trigger camera shutter. Is that possible? If it is, what pin can be used as relay? Let’s say I wanna use servo pin 9 as a relay how do I configure it in the mission planner to set pin9 as relay? Also, in the Mission Planner, what will be set in the command relay_pin? Thank you in advance.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial/

Hello im using a eos dslr camera and chdk has no support on it though I found a solution to control the dslr shutter using a relay output.

Hello im using a eos dslr camera and chdk has no support on it though I found a solution to control the dslr shutter using a relay output.

Just get a relay board for the PI and use one of the spare GPIO pins to trigger the relay.

Thanks keithc. How do I setup in the mission planner to control the GPIO pin, let say GPIO pin 12 and trigger the relay?

Thanks keithc. How do I setup in the mission planner to control the GPIO pin, let say GPIO pin 12 and trigger the relay?

You need to read up on sending a custom MavLink message from GCS to the copter, and write a user defined class in arducopter to capture and process the message. Alternatively, configure one of your free RC channels as an ON/OFF, and write a user defined class in arducopter to check that channel value and control the GPIO.

Actually APM “knows” about RPI GPIO pins, so you can just set their numbers as relay pins and it should work.

Regarding comment from ivereninov, what is the mapping from the settings in Mission Planner for camera relay control to physical pins on the Navio 2? Is there a code snippet you could refer to that shows the software mapping?

I’m closing this thread in favor of the newer one.