Relative precision

How is The relative precision from base ti Rover with the correction with l’ora ?

If its done properly, its very good!
Have you seen this? It should give you good indication of relative accuracy

Intendo quando è precisa l’individuazione della baseline?

Could you rewrite this in English please.
Translating in google didnt make any sense in my language

I would like to buy two Reaches to beat the gps, during the mapping with drone, putting the base on a gpc and beating the other gpc with the rover which precision among them can be had? the best solution is to put the base in rtk and correct the rover through LORA ?! thank you

I for one have had difficulty getting the LoRa to work reliably, but have achieved very good results with a PPK workflow, getting around 5cm accuracy/consistency on surveyed points. Perhaps you would have better luck with the LoRa as the ‘rover’ would be airborne.

Lora will give you good results. It will be the same as published in the link that @TB_RTK gave you above:
7mm+1mm/km

If you have some problem with radio interference or with using more bandwidth than is available, then your results may be poor.

This is what @RTK_RTJ is telling you above. Most people who are mapping fly and capture the data first. The accuracy of the drone flight path is not very important. The important thing is the coordinate for each photo should be accurate. So, back at the office, they take their base and rover log and post-process them (PPK) to get the most accurate coordinates.

You could use LoRa to accomplish real-time (RTK) mapping, but you will find it easier and more reliable to use a PPK workflow for the type of work that you are doing.

I hope our responses have helped you!

but for the ppk where do I find all the configurations for base and rover? and the step by step process on the software for ppk? thank so much to all

This is a good start for PPK workflow. Keep in mind that this is a little out of datem, and you will no longer need to convert your raw files to RINEX format as Reach RS now allows you to export directly from the units in RINEX format.

PPK setup is much easier than RTK. You do not need to worry about setting the radio freq, monitoring the fix/float status, or any issues with the LoRa. The Base and Rover operate independently until you get back to the office and use RTKPOST to set the Base data as the source of correction for the rover data. (drone captured images in your case?)

The most important part is making sure you record the raw data logs on the base and rover!

I will post some images of the configuration I use in ReachView for PPK soon.

I have only used PPK with the Reach for collecting points on the ground, so you will need to consider a few other factors. Perhaps someone can give you a crash course on the exif logs that record your camera events.

Anyway, good luck. I am sure you will get this figured out!

1 Like

I thank you, what I need is just to find the best and most accurate way to highlight the points on the ground, separate from the drone, I just have to do a topographic survey of points

Looks like the link I tried to post is not showing up.

Here is some post processing docs.

ok, but i don’t understand what is the better configuration for the best relative accuracy

Default configuration is good enough for most cases. You just need to set up the correction link between a rover and a base.

For good relative results, you can use Reach automatic base averaging. For good absolute results, you need to put Reach on a known position and enter it manually.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.