ReachView v2.2.7

The modem we tried is ZTE MF823D, with D in the end. Can you confirm you have the same?

Did you wait for a status led on the modem to light up?

For debug purposes, I will need you to post output of the following commands on Reach after seeing that the modem booted

• ifconfig
  • lsusb -t
  • dmesg | tail -n 100

3 posts were split to a new topic: Huawei E3372h-15

Hi Egor,

now i got the ZTE MF823 (without D) successfully running.
The solution is to add a new Gateway-IP to reach.
Like descripted in this thread: ReachView v2.4.0 - Galileo support - #12 by wittich

Thank you for helping me :+1:

Can anyone kindly provide instructions or tutorials on how to connect 3G/4G USB model with Reach RS? Using hot-spot from mobile phone is not a good solution because the phone will be very hot and battery comes low very quickly. Thank you so much in advance.

Could you elaborate on what changes were made to enable 3G/LTE USB modem support?

I’m interested in connecting a NimbeLink SkyWire modem or a standard USB dongle 3G modem to my Reach RTKs.

I have upgraded to ReachView 2.2.7, but I notice on my reach that there is still no PPP packages installed. So I guess I have a couple of questions:

1. What is new in ReachView 2.2.7 that enables the 3G/LTE support?
  2. How would I go about modifying the Reach RTK image to include things like the PPP applications?

Hi!

This version added cdc and rndis ethernet kernel modules for Linux. We don’t really support PPP. If ifconfig does not create a new interface automatically after the modem is powered up, it will need some debugging. Please post output of dmesg - last lines after connecting the modem, ifconfig, lsusb.

Easiest way is to set your modem with a Linux laptop. If it creates a new network interface(via cdc_ether or rndis) and no additional setup needed(like activating your data), you are good.