ReachView v2.15.5 dev update - Point stakeout

Ok thanks. I will give that a try later today!

1 Like

v2.15.5 is out fixing the new bugs brought in with the weird antenna height panel.

Please try updating again, should be fixed with the new one.

We should allow adding integer heights, I guess.

1 Like

Please look into Wifi issues of RS+.

The only time it crashed for me during survey was when I entered a value for the antenna height. At first I missed the default 2 meter height (bottom of screen) when setting up new survey. As long as defaulted pole height is left then it did not crash.

Works! Thanks!

Hello Summit jj! I had the same situation, and I solved it using a floating point format for the elevation, don’t use integer format, I mean, write 768.0 instead of 768, maybe a compiler problem, I guess app thinks it is a text. Hope it works for you

Egor:

Stakeout seems to mostly work in v2.15.5, but after saving a point in survey, with an antenna height of X.XXX meters, and then going straight over to stakeout, there’s always a 65 mm difference. So one place is taking into account the 65 mm, and a different place doesn’t take into account the 65 mm. And on the point collection screen, it says “antenna height” when I really think you mean “pole height.”

I have mixed feelings on if Reachview should try to subtract out the pole length and adapter length and the 65 mm to the antenna center for us. There will be misunderstandings and mistakes unless the program is extremely clear with what input is required. The diagram of the pole/adapter/case with definition of “antenna height” vs “pole length” a clarification on what exactly is expected. That clarification seems to be in the stakeout page, but not on the point collection page.

Это замечательно. Теперь надо сделать возможность работать со своей системой координат.

This is remarkable. Now we need to make it possible to work with your coordinate system.

thanks David!

Everything seems to work fine now Egor, except In kinematic mode the map wasn’t updating with my location as I was moving from point to point. So I would walk to the point where i thought it was then switch to static and the map would update. Then I’d switch to kinematic and I’d move a little closer and then switch back to static. Is this purely my ignorance on not understanding the correct settings to use? I am using NTRIP as a base and see the grey bars in status window.

Point collect screen label “Antenna height” should be changed to “Pole height”. I totally agree, the full transition will come. The general idea is to stop you from thinking about antenna height, which need to be calculated, and only allow working with pole height, which is written right on the pole.

Thanks for noticing!

Can you PM me a screencast video of something like this?

When changing settings, you essentially restart the RTK engine, it might take some time to find the fixed solution again. Maybe this is the reason the map misbehaves? I would advise just staying in kinematic, it should be totally fine.

Is there any chance of M+ C2 support? I have a project I would love to tag 2 cameras at the same time, and this would save me a lot of hassle.

Hi @Grigori_Bereg,

Thanks for the request!

We do not have immediate plans for this. It possibly will be implemented sometimes in the future.

If you send the timing mark FROM the Reach rather trying to capture the shutter events surely you can just split the reach timing signal?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.