Reachview feature request

Dear Emlid/Reach Team,
Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to developing a great product.

Users have been requesting greater export options for some time now. Please allow Reachview to export to a simple text or ascii file format (comma delimited).

Also, Reachview won’t allow me to export to a local folder on the device. Only to a Bluetooth connected device, cloud file folder, email, etc. A basic export to a local file on the user device is critical. And please give the user the ability to choose what data and sequence to export.
Eg
P,N,E,H,code
P,E,N,Z, code

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your feedback and requests!

In general, currently supported CSV files can be simply renamed into TXT. Both of them are comma-separated text formats, so there should be no issues with it.

However, I assume that you’re more interested in out of the box feature. As far as I know, some 3rd-party software requires the imported points to be in a TXT file with a specific data fields sequence like this:

Did I get it right that it’s why you need it? If so, I think that these requests can be merged into one. I’ll note and pass them to the team for consideration :slight_smile:

Generally, export options depend on the device model. Probably it can be changed in the phone/tablet settings. However, I think the easiest way to resolve it - just to install the File Manager app. Once you install it on your phone, you’ll be able to select it for export.

1 Like

Hey Julia,
Thanks for the very informative response

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Adrian,

I’m back with the updates! We’ve added customizable CSV export to the Emlid Flow 360. It’s under the Survey subscription plan. Now, you can select which columns are going to be exported. You can rename them and customize the separator too.

In the future, we’ll add it to the Emlid Flow (previously known as ReachView 3) as well.

2 Likes