ReachView beta v2.1.6 is out!

Really liking the new app interface with these new updates!

One request however…in xyz mode can we get the option for the coords to display relative to the base rather than the Earth’s center? Should be an easy addition to the view app!

Thanks!

1 Like

Is the refresh button for renewing base coordinates working properly?
On my window it is juste open and closing the page without refreshing/reloading new coordinates. I have to slide time value and hit apply for it to load.

1 Like

It seems that it is actually broken in the new update. Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll fix it as soon as I get back to work after the holidays!

2 Likes

I flashed the beta firmware and configured my reaches on one network and powered down. When I powered up again on a different network it wouldn’t pass the time sync. Why is time sync allowed to completely disrupt the process? We configure and tinker indoors when the weather sucks and also change networks. Please work this out in the stable release

Is this problem with beta2.1.6?
Also, do you have a screen showing this issue?

1 Like

Yes it is the latest beta. Time sync seems to be a hard dependency. If you set the Reach up on a network with internet you are fine. Or if you have good sat time via an antenna on your roof or similar. But once you move to a network that has neither it will hang on time sync. Tests - Pass; WiFi - Pass; Time Sync - Epic Fail. Usually can’t hit it via hostname or IP, but if you append port 5000 to get to setup screen you can watch the spinning wheel of death that is a failed time sync.

We are working on four different units for two different robots across various networks. Time sync seems to be the one thing keeping us away from v2+. Our field networks do not have internet. Going outside is not an option until everything is configured and in housings etc.

Suggest Time Sync not be a dependency so early in the boot/setup process. It should not be needed for version checking as a simple string regex should be enough for versioning. Understand it’s required for RTK. But so are satellites.

I have similar problem “Lost connection…” when I want to change the details of Correction input. If I type the NTRIP server details, after finishing one window it automatically starts syncing and the screen becomes grey, even though I have not pushed the button Apply. So virtually it is impossible to change the NTRIP server settings.