Reachview 3 settings

I have a few questions about the ReachView 3 application, and the settings for the RS2 units (I have two, one serving as a base and a rover). My surveying application is occurring in a coastal marsh ecosystem (no access to WiFi or Hotspot, other than the RS2 units themselves), where I am placing my base over a known point and receiving corrections via LoRa to my rover as I survey points with unknown XYZ.

When choosing the position streaming 1 and 2 for both the base and rover, what do you choose? My current settings are:

For the base and the rover, the default for position streaming 1 was Bluetooth, and position streaming 2 was the TCP server. Is these the settings I want?

My second question is how do I know that I have the correct correction input and output? I am using LoRa to broadcast corrections between my base and rover.

Base:
Correction input: Serial (what does Serial mean?)
Correction output: LoRa (I am using LoRa, so this makes sense to me)

Rover:
Correction input: LoRa (I am using LoRa)
Correction output: TCP server (this doesn’t make sense to me, but maybe it is an appropriate default?)

I think you maybe need to read the setup for LoRa connection for your units.

https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/common/reachview/correction-input/

1 Like

Hi @KoontzE,

I’d also suggest checking our Quickstart guide on how to configure base and rover through LoRa radio as well. It describes the main settings you need to use with Reach receivers.

Let me briefly comment on your questions below.

According to the setup you described, you don’t need to use the position output.

Position output is used when you need to receive the real-time position of the unit constantly, for example, when you’re using it for guidance. You can read more about the formats and settings in our guide.

According to your setup, you’re placing the base over the known point. In this case, you don’t establish the base’s coordinates in RTK. That means that you don’t need to enable the correction input on your base.

Serial port connection is available through several hardware connection options: UART, USB-to-PC and USB-OTG. You can read more about it here.

In your setup, the rover doesn’t transmit any corrections. So you don’t need to enable the correction output on the rover.

All Reach devices can act as a base and/or as a rover. Their roles depend on the setup. So it’s possible to configure the correction input and correction output on one device simultaneously in case you need it for your workflow.

Thank you for the advice; I was definitely overthinking my set-up. I haven’t used RTK-GPS before, so I am learning everything practically by myself. I’m going to survey today and hopefully end up with accurate data.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.