Reachview 3 force closing as soon as I open it. Galaxy s10e

App is up to date and I recently updated my android software as well. I get a few"reachview has stopped working" errors throughout the day even when not trying to use the app. Now, when I try to open it the app shows the logo screen briefly and then I get the force close error message

Hi Trey,

It’s rather strange and unexpected behavior. May I ask you to reinstall the app and check if the issue persists? I assume that it will help, but please note that all survey projects will be deleted in this case.

This isn’t really an option for me because there are very important surveys on there that I’m not sure if they are backed up

I guess if the app keeps bombing on you, the following may be useless? Hopefully someone can help show where your data is stored in the phone so you can copy everything out first if you have to resort to drastic measures.

Hi Trey,

This isn’t really an option for me because there are very important surveys on there that I’m not sure if they are backed up

Thank you for the clarification. This app behavior is quite unusual, so we will need to investigate the issue with our devs. Now we are looking into how we can help you to get the survey projects. I’ll write back as soon as there’s any news.

Seems to me there should be at least a PROJECTS folder or something under a DOCUMENTS folder on the Android device or something where one could go to find these important files??? That way when a problem like this comes up, where the APP will NOT run or properly run in order to EXPORT the projects out, then could at least manually get to them. Then reinstall app to hopefully solve the app problem? I did simple searchs across the entire Android device using the project names and turned nothing up… so that tells me the ReachView3 app is embedding them within the app as it’s own proprietary format? and maybe only way is to EXPORT from the app to CSV…but if APP not working… not good.

Hi Trey,

We’ve discussed your case with the devs team. Unfortunately, it’s hardly possible to get the data if the app doesn’t open.

May I ask you to restart your Android mobile device, force stop ReachView 3 through the app manager, and check if the app can be opened correctly after that?

oh no. : /

So if this app fails again in the future, which it will… all work lost.

That did not work. Same issue

So reinstalling the app did the trick. Unfortunate that I have to redo a few surveys that were not backed up before this incident

1 Like

Hi Trey,

Thank you for the update!

Let me elaborate on our findings regarding your case.

If the issue occurred on the ReachView 3 side and your mobile device was connected to the Internet, we would receive a crash report. Such reports allow us to understand what went wrong.

Since we know your device model, we could check that we hadn’t received any crash reports from Samsung Galaxy s10e devices. It means the issue appears on the side of the particular device before ReachView 3 can generate a report.

If something in the device’s system prevents the app from working correctly, it means that the data can’t be downloaded. Sorry that you faced such an inconvenience. Currently, we are working on a solution that will help avoid such situations in the future so that our users won’t experience them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.