ReachView 2 beta Suggestions/features request

Hi Egor,

for the Bluetooth thing i definitly agree with you. But it would be comfortable to pair devices without doing anything on the reach. For the security issue a passcode will be good. Also a limited time to pair after boot, lets say 5 minutes, would raise the security.

For setting the Hotspot name and IP address my use case is may be to special. So I will do it by hand so that nobody gets confused by this option :wink:

Starting outside the network is not always possible, since I wold not shut down my whole network at home, when I start at home. At the moment I use a special WIFI only for the reach which I can switch off if I do not need it. But using the usual network would be better and less effort.

A new thing, may be other people have mentiont it before, is that with the reachView Version 2 the possibility of multiple output pathes is lost. It would be nice if the output can be sent to multiple destinations in the future. At best to all destinations (TCP may be even multi port, BT, UART and USB) at the same time. Maybe selectable by checkboxes or something similar.

Best regards
Georg

Hi @emlid team @ivereninov @efedorov, If I may suggest something about solution button. It is a button on status page which function is like solution. For example button name is “start” when start button click, solution is written in a file solution, then the button name (in same button) change “stop”. When we finished, click stop, the file solution is paused. Then when the button click again, the solution file is written again in same file solution.
Actually the slide button in log file is enough, but maybe if we see a button in status page whuch we can know fix or not, then just click the button, file solution is written.
Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer. We are working on a more complete solution for the problem, developing a surveying tool inside ReachView.

2 Likes

Hi @emlid, you have come along way in your reach journey … congrats. I’m getting more and more excited to use your products. New Reach frontend is ‘fantastic’!

I’ve been searching for ages trying to figure out how to use two reach units on a rover with 2 gps units to get accurate heading data without the need for a compass (and then feed that output to ardupilot to use.

I think once moving base is implemented then this may become an option. Would like to put this feature on the request list please.

Thoughts are that for base rover rtk, 2 units are needed on the base running a ‘moving base’ between them and another base reach on the ground sending corrections to the rover unit (3 units in total). Have things just got too complicated …?

Regards
Jason

1 Like

Hi @emlid, I post a request about switching kinematic and static method here Static option

Maybe could be added a method in ReachView an algorithm for switching between static and kinematic, the default method is kinematic, then when stop in a point we can choose what method for calculating the point, kinematic for default or static for other option. This need a button for collecting point with static method, we push ‘start’ button then static method working, then start button name change to ‘stop’ button. If we don’t push the button, kinematic (default) will work.

So the conclusion is we move with kinematic, when stop in a point, collecting point with kinematic(default) and static (with button).

1 Like

You’re talking about “stop & go” mode :slight_smile:
We’re working on surveying tool in ReachView now as @egor.fedorov said in his post and that mode will be a part of it.

2 Likes

That’s great… Awesome!!

Another map request. I zoomed out on the status page map and realized the base station is displayed. This is a nice feature. Make it more evident with “Zoom to base” or “Zoom to baseline”.

1 Like

Hmm… one more, yesterday I did single observation for post processing, here the result I'm going to measure for post processing
I have a difficulty in namming the observation point. Can the log file name be changed? Thank you

Hi,
If I may suggest something for ReachView application. Could you add function for rename log file, such as when I observe single method for post processing data, and the data are many, I couldn’t remember about the point description. I think it could be simple application if we can add description or caption about the observation object.
Best regards

https://community.emlid.com/t/nmea-messages-enabled-disabled/3047?u=tb_rtk

Really liking the new app interface with these new updates!

One request however…in xyz mode can we get the option for the coords to display relative to the base rather than the Earth’s center? Should be an easy addition to the view app!

Thanks!

Sorry, out of topic, but I think this is important.

When I got fix then walk under obstacles got float (that’s reasonable), but when got full sky view, hard for me to get fix again eventhough with more than 6 green bar.

Such as my report here

Any body could give me an explanation clearly.

Maybe tomorrow I will report with a video.

Thank you

Hi, yesterday I got coughs and colds, I couldn’t observed.

One thing I think emlid should have is a caster for reach user. The user could subscribe license a year.

Thank you

This is about height from ellipsoid.
Is it possible to feed Reach with an option, like correction data, so it will output correct orthometric height in reachview?
A option to load a file like href2016b.bin in reachview and it will display live height data at correct orthometric value.
I use this for postprocessing when i want exact height, i ad href2016b nn2000 file from here ftp://ftp.geodesi.no/
to option/position at rtkPOST

href2016b nn2000 is the difference between Ellipsoid and Geoide. this system is the same in Norway, Sweden and Finland

1 Like

I have had the same problem for a long time now. I would be grateful if someone would enlighten me as how to add a custom geoid model to RTKLib to get proper orthometric values. I find that the internal model is way to coarse.

Sorry, I am a bit ignorant here, but is there a geoid model in the uBlox chip as well as RTKLIB?

I guess what I mean is: Does the single position come straight from the uBlox chip or is RTKLIB processing it as well?

I think you are right. How else would it calculate ortho heights?