ReachView 2 beta Suggestions/features request

These are not bugs but suggestions or a wishlist for those things we would like to see in ReachView.

Personally, I would love to see some of the other features that Emlid boys are planning on rolling out, but for now, here are some of my own.
When using the Fix for base position determination, it would be nive if we could also average the float solution too. This is helpful to get a “more or less” idea for our base position when we are very far away from a NTRIP caster or such. For rural surveys, sometimes we can be 1000km away from a caster, but it can help a little bit to get a rough idea of a fix as opposed to a rough autonomous location.
Currently I see that you can only average fix positions? I may be wrong, but it would be nice to average the float measurements too.

I see that the logging does not automatically resume after a reboot. This is particularly useful if your base runs out and you need to restart it.
Also, if we could see the log status on the main status page, that would be great.

Could we get some map options? The current one is great in a built up location, but for rural work, Satellite is much more useful.

I second this. Please provide additional basemap options in OpenLayers map. At a minimum:

• satellite
  • open streetmap

Configuration / settings profiles

Hey!

Thanks for the report!

1. Regarding the float coordinate accumulation issue. We thought it was kind of useless, so didn’t put it in the first place. But it’s not too hard to fix, so no problem
  2. Regarding the logging issue. I really don’t know how, but I never realized this feature was missing. It just kind of slipped. We’ll get it back in the next update
  3. Regarding the maps, we definitely have it planned. Still need to do some research work on the front end to estimate the details
1 Like

In the first app profiles brought more confusion, than use benefit, I think. I’m not really sure about that one.

-UTM coordinates with zones
-White/blank background in map showing grid like RTKplot

3 Likes

We have some work going on, integrating proj4 to output any kind of coordinates

That’s a feature I’m looking forward to as well, we still need to work out some javascript magic behind the maps module.

4 Likes

But does v2 allow for multiple profiles in any way? For example, can I store multiple NTRIP client settings?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Losing single solution in static mode

Atm, no

Hello
It would be nice to have the geoide height converted to a map elevation in the program?
Not sure I said this right?
Jim

1 Like

Audible tones when position type changes between single, float, fix.

2 Likes

Dude, a tone indicating closing in on a point you have plottet and is to stake out would be awesome.
For once you dont have to have your face clued to the screen when walking around and with earpiece you also have better security and is more aware of your surounding.

3 Likes

Yes, to store NTRIP details would be great. I’m forever forgetting my caster info in the field!

Reach should wait 30 sec or until a certain position quality is reached until it averages the base station location. Or does it already do that?

You’ll probably need to keep the app open in our case. What about a LED signal?

You choose a status and time to average. Once the status is achieved, Reach will accumulate data for the chosen period of time.

1 Like