ReachView 2 beta - connection problem

Ok - it was a couple more hours and now I have it working.

I switched over to the other Reach module and was more successful. I can’t explain why my “base” module didn’t upgrade more easily, but here’s what appears to have fixed it:

  1. Upgrade my WiFi access point to the latest firmware

    • it’s an Asus RT-AC5300. This access point is maybe a year old, but in the firmware released Dec 21, 2016 it says “Bugs fixed: - Fixed AP mode interoperability issues”
  2. Make sure my usb network configuration file on the Edison module was set to the 192.168.3.* subnet, since my LAN already uses 192.168.2.* (see: Reach - can't connect to ReachView app (firmware 1.2) [solved - network address] - #9 by bide)

  3. Then I was on my way, discovering the Reach local WiFi with my iPhone

  4. Connect to the Reach (SSID password “emlidreach”), then setting the local WiFi SSID and password

This seemed to take a couple repeat tries. I was always careful to let the device completely boot, waiting to the LED status to stablize before making changes or unplugging it.

Once I was able to connect to the Reach module on my local WiFi, I ran the ReachView app upgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.1.6.

Now I’m in business!!

Note- At this point LED status is solid green. At this point I don’t have both Reach modules on (base, rover), no antenna plugged in, and no config for the modules to communicate with each other. These modules ran fine in the older firmware and ReachApp, so there should be no further problems!

The new app looks absolutely fantastic - congratulations, guys!

1 Like