Reach with Mikrokopter?

Hi

Is it possible to use the Reach with mikrokopter? Does somebody use Reach with mikrokopter?

@ma_ka hi!

What is your goal? For mapping purposes Reach can work with any copter, because it does not require a connection to the autopilot. It can record raw data logs and capture photo time marks by itself.

Hi Mikhail

Thanks for your feedback. My goal is to use Reach directly with Mikrokopter Flightcontroller, so that the flight controller use the position data of reach instead mikrokopter GPS.

If Mikrokopter accepts NMEA protocol it will work.

Ok, then i think it doesn’t works, because no Mikrokopter pilot give a feedback.

Old post, but I’m also interested…and suprised noone has tried it. I posted this same question on Mikrokopter forums with no answer.
This is from the MK wiki though…so it looks like it should work?

NMEA

Since the Software-Version 2.00a (for NaviCtrl) we can also use the format NMEA (e.g. for Cameras witht Datalogging). The output is at 57600 baud. The records are sent with RMC & GGA. You can get the data on PIN9 of the Debug connection of the NaviCtrl.
NOTE: To use the NMEA you need a plugged microSD card (max. 2GB/FAT16) and the entry “NMEA_INTERVAL” in the Settings.ini must have a value entered. If you already have a microSD card in! NaviCtrl used muss after a software update the existing settings.ini it are deleted so that a new one can be created with the parameters.

Since the Software-Version 2.00a (for NaviCtrl) we can also use the format NMEA (e.g. for Cameras witht Datalogging). The output is at 57600 baud.

That sounds like it outputs NMEA, no word about accepting it.

I emailed mikrokopter support and the first reply I got basically said it wouldn’t work because there was no input on the navi to connect another gps, to which I explained that I wanted to use it INSTEAD of the MKGPS, and got this response.
When your module use also the UBlox protocol you can connect it too.
haha, still not sure if it means it will work or not…there’s always a little lost in translation, but I’ll be getting a set for another purpose so I’ll just go ahead and try one of the modules on my “testKopter”. It will probably be a little while but I’ll post my results when I do.

Hi

An old post, but I’m still interesting in this. Are there any news?

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/RTK

Thanks, but with this information I still don’t know if emlid works with MK. I asked also the support of MK a few days before: They don’t know… :frowning:

->So is somebody here which have tested it?

Reach units output a standard set of nmea strings, which is what MK expects. It should work just fine.

So is somebody here which have tested it?