I have sent in a tickeet on this but in case anyone else runs into this issue.
The final issue appears to be that after flashing to 2.22.3 I cannot talk to them from my IOS 10.3.3 iPad using IOS Reachview app, Safari browser, Chrome browser. I can talk to them using Windows Chrome or Edge browsers no problem. I can talk to them using an iPhone running IOS 13.3.1 using any of Reachview app, Safari or Chrome no problem.
Here are the steps taken in figuring this out.
Two original Reach modules were running Reachview 2.16.? (hadn’t been used for a while)
Using iPad running IOS 10.3.3 (old iPad) and Reachview App I upgraded them over the wifi to Reachview 2.20.8.
Once they were updated and running fine on 2.20.8, still using iPad I connected and saw a message that in order to stay current these needed to be reflashed. Also warned that all settings and files and projects etc would be wiped… In self quarantine after travelling to the USA from Canada for another week so I have LOTS of time so I went for it knowing that firmware upgrades can go pear shaped fast.
Installed (windows) Flash utility and Intel Edison drivers. Reflashing went fine.
Ran IOS Reachview app on iPad and the reflashed unit showed up and I was able to connect for the first time dialog and set my wif up then I had to power cycle.
Then when I connected I again saw the first time steps run and it got to the Reboot and go to the app stage.
After that reboot I was completely unable to connect using the same iPad ever again using either IOS Reachview app, Safari or Chrome…
I thought the Reach module was not actually booting up properly. I tried to connect using SSH (Putty) and logged in using username password reach and emlidreach
I could connect with Chrome on Windows…
Appears to be an IOS issue and only old IOS versions.