Reach Single solution accuracy

No, it does not matter.

That should be added to the docs.

Regarding the positioning mode, I should distinguish between post processing against our own Reach base vs post processing against CORS? So to rephrase, does the positioning mode matter for…

• post processing against our own Reach base
  • post processing against CORS/other permanent base stations on-line

@savvy0816 No, the mode does not matter in either of those scenarios.

@savvy0816 When I post-process in RTKLIB, I prefer to use “static” as opposed to “single”. This way I can see the “location” of the coordinates bounce around during the observations.

So when does the position mode matter? Only for real-time surveys, i.e., base-rover real-time communication?

@savvy0816 Yes, basically.

I think mode confuses a bit. There is a solution output where you can see/log actually and processed data.
Ex. if you would stake out a point and need to se processed live, different modes has its functions.

For every reason you are gonna use the RAW file found under the “log” banner in reachview, the mode selection has no impact on the raw file.
But, under setting you also have an option to save output solution to a file, server, ftp, bluetooth etc, mode selection has a function.

I feel my low level of technincal english is limiting my abillity to explain this in plain english. Sorry about that

That makes sense. The docs need to explain this fundamental concept as it’s not clear.

The docs says it better, but could mention that raw is not affected by mode changes.
https://docs.emlid.com/reach/reachview-output/