Reach RX Base and Rover accuracy issues

Hello,

I mainly use the rs2+ and reach rx for drone mapping and been having some issues with accuracy and workflow using the two as a base and rover setup. The workflow that I use is a starlink as the internet service in the field connected to the rs2+, which is connected to my NTRIP provider. I then cast the NTRIP via emlid caster which I connect to with my reach rx. The first time I tried this all the points gathered with the reach rx as the rover were about 20’ high and offset. The second time, which was today all the points were about 1’ off. Normally I will collect all my GCPs using the rs2+, but I would much rather do a base and rover setup. Has anybody ran into this issue with accuracy using a similar workflow?

Hi Elijah,

Welcome to our community!

The workflow that I use is a starlink as the internet service in the field connected to the rs2+, which is connected to my NTRIP provider. I then cast the NTRIP via emlid caster which I connect to with my reach rx.

This setup looks good to me. I have a couple of questions to understand why you can see the offset:

• Do you see the offsets only in heights or in all coordinates? Is the offset the same for all the points in one survey?

• Which coordinate system and vertical datum are used for the project?

• What do you use to check the points’ accuracy? Do you test Reach on a benchmark?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.