Reach RTK vertical accuracy as moving Rover

Hi all,
Can anyone suggest what would be the vertical accuracy of Rover reach when mounted on a moving object?
(With NTRIP corrections)
Thanks,

That entirely depends upon your baseline, your samplerate, your speed and your receiver conditions :wink:
In other words, more information is needed. The system is able to deliver milimeter precision in the right conditions.

Noted Christian.
Thanks for the speedy reply!
Here is what I’m after - mounting reach on a small boat moving say at 5knots (2.5m/s) max.
Assuming less than 10km baseline (NTRIP) and preferably 5hz position updates on rover.
So… what’s would be the verdict? Accuracy achieved vertically?
Thanks!

I would guess better than 10cm on a FIX position with a fairly clear sky, but it’s just a guess. I think I’m in the ballpark though.

When you say small boat, then how small are we talking? Remote controlled boat? Full size?
A concern here is the side-to-side motion of the boat, that will affect the precision. On top of that, the receiver should placed as high possible to avoid multipathing, but adding height will also increase the distance travelled when swinging. so you have to find a compromise, or correct the output with IMU data.

Thanks both for your thoughts.
To answer your question: Small one - remote controlled
Boat motion would no doubt have its effect and this is something I’m aware of.
What I’m trying to pin down is a more general sense of vertical accuracy when mounted on a moving Rover …
Christian, from your experience do you think one could get better than 5cm? 10cm vertically? Assuming minimal roll/pitch movements and fairly slow speeds

Hi @hadarsade,

Reach provides kinematic vertical accuracy in 14 mm in good conditions.

It’s really hard to predict how this will affect the accuracy without local tests.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.