Reach RTK Navio/Pixhawk integration released!

Hi,

by looking at the description of the GPS_INJECT_DATA I have seen that the allocated length for the payload is of 110 bytes, which as stated there corresponds to a maximum of 12 satellites correction for the RTCM protocol.

This is in concordance with what is said in this link, where a 1002 message for the RTCM3 is 72 bits/satellite, and therefore the maximum number of satellite messages that can be sent in 110 bytes is:
(110*8)/72 = 12,2 satellites

So I am wondering what happens if the amount of GPS that the base is currently seeing is above 12: does the Rover still receive the correction stream or is it blocked because the base stream is bigger than the maximum payload length of the GPS_INJECT_DATA?

Cheers,

Nacho

HI Guys,

We have a ground Rover with a Pixhawk and Reach GPS.
I tried plugging the Reach as the primary GPS and found the position of the vehicle jumps around a lot once the GPS get lock. I then plugged the standard Pixhawk GPS and found the location doesn’t jump around.
Can you tell me why this is?

Also, this might be related…
When I use the REACH GPS I can get 4 to 7 green GPS signals on the Base and Rover but the rover GPS doesn’t get a fixed position, mostly only a single, and some time a float, but hardly ever a fix. Any ideas wit this is?

Thanks
Tim