Reach RS2 Rinex on Magnet Tools

Hi everyone,

I´m new to the rs2 device and I have some inquiries related to its funcionality. Today I made some test using the static mode and saving the log files on RINEX. After downloading the data, I imported it to Magnet tools and it appeared as Kinematic. Can post-processing be made in Magnet Tools using the RINEX logs? I would also like to know what is the antena code/name to find it on Magnet Tools. At last, I would like to know what are the position, base correction and raw data logs. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
LM

Off the bat, I can’t remember where the toggle button is located in Magnet but I know that you can change the kinematic setting to static. It still uses the same rinex data but it will output to a single observation point.

Hi Luis,

Today I made some test using the static mode and saving the log files on RINEX. After downloading the data, I imported it to Magnet tools and it appeared as Kinematic.

Choosing Kinematic or Static mode in the ReachView 3 RTK Settings tab shouldn’t influence the raw data log. However, as far as I know, Magnet software now supports only Topcon and Sokkia receivers. So, it might cause an issue.

I would also like to know what is the antena code/name to find it on Magnet Tools.

Reach RS2 antenna name is EML_REACH_RS2.

I would like to know what are the position, base correction and raw data logs.

The position log (LLH) contains the coordinates of the Reach receiver calculated at regular intervals. You can change the interval by choosing the Update rate in the RTK Settings tab.

Raw data logs are UBX or RINEX logs that contain GNSS observables. You can process raw data logs from your rover and base together in RTKLib to determine a precise rover’s position. If you use a remote NTRIP base station, you can record the base correction log on a rover unit to get raw base data for PPK.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response guys! I´ll be doing more tests :slight_smile:

As a way of updating info, the post-processing was made satisfactory in Magnet Tools. Now I´ll just have to compare results with another GNSS receiver over the same BM point. Hopefully I will share results in the following days.

1 Like

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the update! Please keep us posted.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.