Reach rs2+ in Louisiana land surveying

does anyone use the rs2+ in Louisiana for land surveying? I am trying to find someone that can give me an honest review of the rs2+.

1 Like

Hi Cameron,

I totally understand you want an unbiased review from a user, but just in case you have some technical-wise questions, I’m here.

3 Likes

You should not ask this question on emlid forum :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:…i Love You Emlid

1 Like

I have been using the Reach RS2 for about a year. I have used it for stakeout, control survey, small topographic surveys and even a few hydrographic surveys.
I am based in the Caribbean (Barbados).

I am quite happy with the RS2’s performance. For the price it is a great unit. The Reachview 3 software is a work in progress but the dev team is constantly updating it and it keeps getting better and better. Emlid Studio is also a work in progress and could do with some QOL updates but I think it works fine.

I have gotten decent results with the whole system and will be purchasing more units when the budget allows. The big guys in the industry should be very afraid, Emlid is producing good quality devices at a fraction of the cost.

I hope this helps (I am not affiliated with Emlid in any way)

7 Likes

Hi @robinyearwood,

It was a true pleasure to read your review! Thanks a lot.

But I must ask what QOL updates would you like to see in Emlid Studio?

3 Likes

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko thanks to you and your team for making such affordable and quality GNSS Receivers and software.
I have a few minor suggestions that should be fairly simple to implement, should I post them here or should I make a new topic and tag you in it. If so where is the best place to put that topic?

1 Like

Yes this is what I was looking for thank you. My company is very small and I was timid because of the price. Seems to good to be true. I do have another question. Do you know if there is a way to change the units of measurement from meters to feet? we use US survey feet at my company was curious if that was an option.

4 Likes

The units for measurement are based on the various coordinate systems available in the RV3 app. Here in SC, the legal unit of measurement for state plane coordinates is “ift”. They also have the coord systems in meters if needed for SC. The coord system for your state would have “usft” as well as meters.

The RS2’s and M2’s are great receivers for the $$. I don’t always use them but when I do they’re very capable receivers. The RV3 app has come a long way since I bought my first M2’s two years ago. EMLID is really interested/receptive in listening and implementing requested features by the users.

3 Likes

I’m a licensee based in St. Martinville, LA. I’ve been running RS2s for the past year with both NRTK and RTK. If you’re interested in meeting up and seeing how it works in the field and hearing my review, look me up and give me a call.

1 Like

Will be in touch soon, thank you sir.

Hi @robinyearwood,

You can create a topic in the Emlid Studio Getting Started category. We would like to hear all your feature requests!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.