Reach RS2 hard reset

Is there any way to do a hard reset if I can not connect to my RS2 with wifi of any kind? I can not use the hotspot because it is not the default emlidreach password, I can not use Reach Firmware tool in Windows or Linux and I have tried on the 5 computers that I own with many different USB cables. I can connect but the flash always fails. I had this problem when I bought my first 2 RS2 units I think it is my bios is too old because I have a lot of legacy software for my GPS and GPR equipment. I also tried the over 15 second power button hold and that did not work. I got this Reach 2nd hand so I need to wipe it clean. Thanks

Hi @brycethomaskennedy,

Welcome back to the forum! We recommend flashing to bring the Reach back to its initial state, but it can fail if there’s some issue with the unit.

• What is the Network and Battery LED status?
  • What happens when you connect to the Reach hotspot with a new password?
  • Did something unusual happen before the Reach started to behave this way?

UPD. Changed the second question.

1 Like

I bought this one used and have never connected to it, battery is full, since whatever network it has used in the past is not present it defaults to hotspot, I enter emlidreach it says “authorizing” then rejects the password and does not let me connect. I think I need to find a newer computer to attempt the flashing . My newest is 5 years old.

Here is the log file when it fails

06:44:59 - neutis_initializer.py - INFO - progress: 100

06:45:29 - flash_controller.py - INFO - gRPC initialize() finished. Shutdown server…
06:45:29 - abstract_initializer.py - INFO - gPRC ShutDown() call
06:45:29 - flash_controller.py - INFO - Server has been terminated
06:45:29 - flash_controller.py - INFO - Job error: Can’t find device on 2-1 port
06:45:29 - abstract_initializer.py - INFO - Initializer was stopped

I see; thank you for explaining the issue. Can you send full failure logs from the Flash Tool from both Windows and Linux devices? You can send them to support@emlid.com or use WeTransfer. I want to take a look at them.

2 Likes

No Need to put any energy into this, I used a friends computer with the blue usb ports and it flashed right away first try so my 2.0 usb ports are the problem. Up and running though

2 Likes

Thank you for updating us! I’m glad to hear you’ve figured it out.

1 Like