Reach RS2 FLOAT solution

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the screenshots. Looks like the issue isn’t related to RTCM messages. So I’ll continue to investigate this and write you back once there is any news.

1 Like

Hi Jose,

We’re working to improve compatibility with NTRIP casters that send a large number of messages. In the new dev v2.23.6, there should some changes as well. May I ask you to update and check if it helps?

If the issue persists, please enable the Raw data debug option in the Settings tab, record the logs and share them with me.

Hello I’m having issues with CTRN RTK as well. I tried two CTRN stations here in the Bay Area and I never seem to achieve FIX solution. I attach the logs from EBMD and from P224. Here are screenshots from P224

EBMD_base_202007181733_RTCM3.zip (38.5 KB) EBMD_raw_202007181732_RINEX-2_10.zip (1.3 MB) EBMD_solution_202007181733_LLH.zip (34.8 KB) P224_base_202007181740_RTCM3.zip (620.9 KB) P224_raw_202007181740_RINEX-2_10.zip (3.6 MB) P224_raw_202007181740_ubx.zip (4.3 MB)

Hi Nico,

Here at south San Diego area, I was unable to obtain fixed solution from NSSS, POTR, but I obtain fixed solution from P475, P473, P066. You can check the locations at the map. Maybe because that cors stations are under different government/organization administration. Did you try using UNAVCO credentials to access some of the same CORS?

You can try using other CRTN CORS from different organizations.

1 Like

Ok I tried the local UNAVCO ntrip base stations as well with similar results. I’m running firmware 2.23.6 on the RS2. Thank you

I was able to get a Fix solution using UNAVCO credentials with the P224 base station. P224 collects up to 18 satellites (so presumably supports GLONASS) and it’s not much further away in the Berkeley hills so I’ll use that one.
It would be nice to figure out why Fix solution is hard to acquire from many of the NTRIP servers.

Hi Jose,

So, did I get correctly that you obtained a fixed solution with P473 and P066 mount points after updating the firmware version?

Hi Nico,

May I ask you to elaborate a bit more on different credentials option? Did I get correctly that you have several credentials to connect to the same mount points?

2 Likes

Hi Svetlana,

I still have not been able to obtain a fixed solution from the NSSS and POTR station. But using the P473, P475 an P066 I have no problem obtaining a fixed solution. The NSSS and POTR are closer to the Mexico-USA border. Now six people are using six different Emlid rovers with different credentials at the Tijuana-Tecate area. The six units are using the P473 cors station only. But it could be much better if we can use the NSSS or POTR, please see the map.

I really appreciate if you can help us to solve this issue.

Let me know what I can do to help.

1 Like

Hi Svetlana,

I believe Nico and I have the same issue using the CRTN. Some CORS stations are operated by different entity. We can have access using SOPAC or UNAVCO credentials.
Some CORS STATIONS does not have access using UNAVCO. In my case NSSS and POTR are not listed under UNAVCO to use. The map below is from UNAVCO.

This is from CRTN:
CRTN CORS STATIONS

I believe Nico can illustrate the same issue he have at his location, Bay Area.

1 Like

Hi Jose,

It seems that some of the CRTN base stations just don’t output enough data for Reach RS2 to calculate the solution. It would be great to understand what GPS and GLONASS signals those base stations track. I couldn’t find this information on their website, unfortunately.

Hi Dmitriy,

I have been using NSSS, POTR, P473, P472, PO66 since maybe 10 years ago with no issues. This with a Spectra Precision promark 500 and 220 models.

I believe is more an emlid issue than CRTN or UNAVCO.

Let me know how I can help? I need to provide some static session using NSSS or POTR and other session using P473 or P475?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Jose,

Dmitriy meant that Reach RS2 is able to track GPS L1C/A, L2C, and GLONASS L1OF, L2OF signals. I’ve also researched some sources but couldn’t find any info on what signals the CRTN provides. So, if you know anything about it, it’d be great!

I’ll try to find it out as well.

1 Like

That’s right many of the NTRIP stations are accessible with credentials from either organization. I’ve since had more luck getting a Fix solution from the P224 station with UNAVCO (though still not consistently with unavco).

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your input!

It seems that the issue occurs only with corrections from CRTN.

It’s hard to say what exactly caused such behavior. All mount points provide the same RTCM3 messages. Also, the fact that some mount points can be accessed only using UNAVCO credentials makes more confusion.

Also, I couldn’t find any relevant information regarding my other assumption about the signals the CRTN provides.

Other users faced some difficulties with this caster earlier. We wrote to the CRTN support before to no avail. I guess it’s time to try it again. I’ll write you back once there is any news.

Hi again,

I’ve also wanted to add that based on the tests we conducted, the issue isn’t on the Reach side.

We’ll try to figure it out with the CRTN. However, in the meantime, I’d suggest trying other NTRIP casters.

Hi Svetlana,

My big question is why i’m able to obtain a fixed solution using other GNSS brands, for example
Spectra Precision Promark 220, Trimble R8.

Let me know if you need to some help from my side to solve this.
Again, I’m still struggling having fixed solution from NSSS, POTR stations.

Thanks,

Jose

Hi Jose,

We’ve done several tests with Reach RS2. The issue occurs only with the corrections from this caster. Some other casters even provide the same RTCM3 messages as CRTN but Reach works fine with them. That’s why we conclude that the issue is related to the CRTN corrections.

At the moment, we haven’t found out the cause of such a difference. I’d suggest you try to reach out to the CRTN support and confirm what signals are output at this caster. Reach RS2 requires at least GLONASS L1OF, L2OF and GPS L1C/A, L2C signals.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.