Reach RS2 base and rover configuration

I am thinking of buying a second RS2 to use as a base in areas where I do not have mobile coverage for NTRIP corrections.
But a close person who uses base and mobile has told me that you should configure the base only with the GPS and GLONASS constellations because otherwise the packages that are sent and the frequency that they are sent makes the reception of the corrections by the equipment rover are not stable. Can someone clarify this issue for me?

You will want to run as many constellations as is stable. Maybe your peer has experienced that some constellations do not work well in their experience, but that does not mean that they will not work for you. It really depends on where you are in the world and what the atmospheric conditions are for that specific day as to which constellations are going to work best. For instance I have trouble with GLONASS in my area, but have decent performance from BEIDOU even though I am in the United States. I would turn on everything and look at the status page. If a constellation is very erratic then turn it off.

3 Likes

Hi @gujahu,

Reach RS2 base and rover should work fine with all GNSS systems.

As Michael said above, there may be some issues with some constellation in a specific area. However, this isn’t related to Reach RS2 performance.

Also, if you face some unexpected issues, you can reach out to us, and we’ll help you to sort it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.