Reach RS2 and DJI Matrice 300 RTK

Am i able to use the Reach RS2 and base station when mapping with the Matrice 300 RTK?

Only via NTRIP.

1 Like

Thanks.
Clearly can not work when in areas away from NTRIP. So one needs to get the D - RTK 2.

Correct. That’s why DJI does it.

1 Like

Get it. Thanks so much Seth.

1 Like

You sure can do PPK though which is actually more accurate.

2 Likes

Thanks so much.

Is PPK and OPUS the same?

No, OPUS is a PPP processing for an individual point which is a good way to get a really accurate point if you only have one receiver. PPK (post-processes) the logs from a base and rover to create an RTK solution after the fact. The advantage is that it is editable. You can remove weak constellations and increase/decrease your mask elevation to dial in the best scenario at the time. Some solutions allow you to RTK and PPK log at the same time which is the best scenario because if the RTK is solid then you are done, if not then you can correct it. This has become a noticeable problem with the P4RTK and M210RTK’s where people are not getting the RTK results they expected and then there is no way to go back. I have heard there might be a way to do both with them, but I have only seen that you turn off RTK to get the PPK log.

Hi @gomobt

We have already tested the compatibility of our multi-band Reach RS2 acting as a base with DJI Phantom 4 RTK rover, and it works fine.

We haven’t tested RS2 base with DJI Matrice 300 RTK drone. However, if it supports the NTRIP connection, it should work the same way as DJI Phantom 4 RTK. The DJI Phantom RTK and Reach RS2 base integration guide walks you through the integration process.

Hi Seth,

Please note that OPUS is not a PPP service. PPP services apply ephemerides from IGS, while OPUS uses software that computes coordinates using the NOAA CORS Network (NCN). However, the process of working with OPUS and PPP services is similar from a user perspective.

3 Likes

Thanks. Much appreciated.
I understand NTRIP requires internet connection. Does it mean if work in an area with zero internet access then you can not use it ?

Thanks for that clarification. Learned something new!

2 Likes

Yes, you need instant Internet access to use NTRIP in RTK.

1 Like

Thanks

which camera do you want to embark on the matrice 300?

It probably depends on what you are going to use it for. Standard mapping, inspections, multi-spectrum, FLIR and LIDAR are all available.

The matrix 300 line is not compatible with zenmuse x5s and X7. The Camera for P1 mapping was launched on 14/10/2020, but still without values ​​and data that will be available on the market. The question was accordingly.

P1 Specs. Full-frame and 45MP!

sorry my english because i’m using an online translator. Instead of data I meant when the camera will be available for sale.