Reach RS+ in UK with LoRa on 900Mhz allowed?

Hi,

Just recieved my pair of Reach RS+'s and apart from the manual stating that they should be kept away from heat, mosture, water and dust and then the next section stating they’re IP67, I’m a little concerned about the frequencies of the LoRa radios.

I thought that in the UK, we were not permitted to use 900Mhz without a licence (Amateur Radio) and instead most things use 433Mhz. Can anyone confirm where we stand as i’m about to send £1500 of gear back at present.

I found this link Reach RS LoRa in Europe but would like proof for the UK (not just Europe in general).

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

The UK LoRa devices are normally working within EU863-870 band. According to discussions in forums OFCOM is fine as long as the device sticks to this band and has CE marking.

Reach RS+ is surely protected from water, moisture and dust. You can see plenty of examples of use in harsh conditions around the forums. RS+ has successfully passed IP66 and IP67 testing. However, we still do recommend that it is used reasonably and kept in good conditions where possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.