Reach RS+ battery guidelines

I would like to ask you if the batteries of the Reach RS+ receivers have to be charged periodically. The point is that due to the pandemic I have not been able to access my receivers since March and I am worried that they will suffer some kind of damage.
Thanks before hand
Gerardo Jimenez

They should be fine, but don’t be surprised if they take a little time to wake up and report charging LED’s correctly. Just let it be and monitor the temperature.

BatteryStuff Articles | Overview of the Different Types of Lithium Batteries on the Market. maybe this will help you to some peace of mind :slight_smile:

And also:

1 Like

Hi Gerardo,

Yes, we suggest checking the receiver every 3 months and charging its battery to at least 60%. This will ensure that the battery will be working as expected.

When you don’t have plans on using the unit for an extended period, we recommend following the instructions from our User Guide to prepare the receiver for storage:

1. Charge the battery to at least 60%.
  2. Turn the device off by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds. Make sure that the device turned off by checking that power LED went out.
  3. Store the device at room temperature.
2 Likes

@ liudmila.slepova thanks for the advise . I will ask at my job to bring home the units ( I have 3) and verify they are ok and take care of them properly until we can get back to work at the office.
Thanks
Gerardo

1 Like

Just wondering what happens when my RS2 unit won’t hold any charge any longer. Can I replace the internal battery? Is it difficult to do? My 2 year old RS2 lasts only from 6am-6pm. At 6pm it’s on it last led light. I was thinking of getting a powerbank for it once it won’t last past 5pm or if we need it to record for more hours.

These types of batteries have been known for many years, you don’t have to worry yet. My Sokkia Set510 total station was acquired in 2007 and only in August 2020 I had to replace them. No need to worry

1 Like

We run our bases off of these. Additionally you can attach a solar panel to this and never go down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.