Reach RS+ base, NTRIP & trimble750

We set up Reach RS+ base with Ntrip and using trimble 750 with Ntrip in field. Data streams but Trimble not able to Fix RTK. Any helpo would be appreciated.

Reach doesn’t put out a required message for Trimble. For Trimble to use RTCM it needs either message 1007 or 1008 along with others that Emlid does send out.

Several have asked for this feature request if you search message 1008 you will find info.

Further to the 1008 message required, the other packets are not always accepted either by Trimble devices.
I have emulated the 1008 packet which helps, but the L2 band messages are not what the Trimble is looking for, or the unfiltered signals are causing issues. Not sure which.
Emlid is providing L2L and L2C codes.
The Emlid does not filter the RTCM output based on SNR or elevation mask. All signal information is included, even sats with poor signal quality or no L2 band info.

You have to also get the 1008 in a specific order and timing with Trimble.

Some older ones are also sweet on 1007.

If they made it easy, they wouldn’t be a tech conglomerate. But at least Trimble loosely follow published standards.

Hi Leon,

I’d also highlight, as @jp-drain-sol has mentioned, that Reach doesn’t send MT 1007 or 1008 at the moment. As I know, these messages are required for the Fix solution on Trimble devices. We’re considering to add its support to the corrections output.

Please note that Reach RS+ is a single-band receiver so it can only provide L1 corrections. It might be the Trimble device won’t be able to calculate an L1-only solution.

Thank-You for your help. Is there a way to use Emlid receiver on rover (Trimble 750, or FMX 1000), by bypassing the internal receiver and using an Emlid on a Trimble that is not unlocked
for RTK. I want to use it for steering.

My hope would be to use Emlid for base and rover.

Leon

For steering no. Trimble requires TSIP to steer which is their language. PotatoFarmer is trying to make a “converter” see this thread

It can be brought in for WM-Drain on either port A or B on the FMX

So far the cfx 750 is a hard no, it does not accept a external receiver.

150 is fully figured out both gnss to gps nmea and TSIP
250, and 500 i think is still possible to make an external Emlid receiver.

Cfx 750, it would be very invasive to do. I would literally need to break one to figure out how to replace its internal board.

But I will be testing the 1008 injector on an already unlocked cfx 750. So at least you can have your own base.

I have not yet seen a fmx1000, but i am pretty sure they are out of my price range.

Then canbus/isobus stuff like the pro700 I think is possible. But I am not going there unless successful at 232 external receivers.

Wish I could do this full time, it would happen faster haha.

External receivers can be connected to the FMX. I don’t work with the 750’s much.

My other question would be if using a 252/262/372 with either the FMX or 750, the GPS is not connected to the monitor. It is connected to the GPS input of the NAV controller so, in theory, if you get it working it should work with either.

I hope you are correct.

I think with the navs i will also have to generate a seperate pps sync signal. Not a biggie but an additional signal. Why they chose that and not just reading .00 from the timestamp from gga i am not sure.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.