Reach RS and LoRa 868/915 MHz radio

This is a greater IoT issue as a whole, but would be nice if devices could communicate in standard protocol across the spectrum. Really extends applicability and integration possibilities.

No, it will not work with Reach’s LoRa.

I am attempting to do what you were trying in this post.

I want to make a Emlid LoRa compatible radio that outputs to RS232.

Here is what I have done.

You got a little farther than I have. I just found your post this AM.

I know when the M2 is connected to the Emlid LoRa radio it is using 38400. I have put a T in the line and have it feeding both the LoRa radio and a RFD900. I have received corrections on my RS2 via LoRa and simultaneously a Trimble Ag monitor (FMX/FM1000) via a 3DR radio I attached to it.

I have not figured out how Emlid configures the radio. I know GPIO_0 lets the M2 know it is connected to the radio (from the documentation I am assuming it is connected to pin 5 of the radio, operation status). The M2 did not config it till I connected GPIO_2 so per the documentation pin 6 & 7 are used to config.

My next step is to monitor the communication from the different ports (RX/TX/GPIO_0/1/2). Hopefully, I can decipher what is going on to use a Nano to send configuration data to the radio and use it as a 3rd party receiver.

2 Likes

jake.harders and DirtyHarry are you still out there trying to do this?

Sorry for the delay in replying. I don’t visit that often (obviously) :rofl:

For my own gear, which is more or less standardised on existing Satel based radios I found it easier to change the one radio on the base to match those in the field, rather than the other way around. It just worked out easier for me that way.

I’ve just read through your other thread. Very impressive work and great tenacity on your part. Well played.

1 Like