Reach RS and LoRa 868/915 MHz radio

Just from looking at the data sheet it sounds like that is what is going on.
Design Guide

I pulled a radio out of the reach and hooked it to a usb serial converter and was receiving the RTK data. This is a bit of good news. it means there is no handshaking required by the user to start receiving correction data. If they are using some version of this MOST protocol, the GlobalSat radios “remember” their previous channel settings. You would need to buy another Reach RS to get the radio preconfigured this way. The good news is that if you have another one laying around, you can pipe the RTCM data directly to a ublox chip and get your RTK that way.

I also tried using a HM TRP radio with the SiK firware running on it to stream data from the Emlid.
Although I was able to pick up RTK corrections there were a few issues with this approach:

1. The web interface would not load up when the Emlid was booted up with the packet radio installed
  2. If you somehow get the web interface loaded up, and try to change ANY of the “LoRa” settings, the program hangs…forever. I am sure is waiting for a response from what was the Global Sat radio.

There is some good news however, because the Global Sat radio is sending back information about its self and the operational status of the radio, one can interrogate it to reveal the settings it is using to communicate with other Emlids.

2 Likes