Reach RS Accuracy Formula

Hi all,

I am doing a side by side comparison with another GPS system and Reach RS. I wont go into too much detail about the setup because I don’t think it is relevant.

I was wondering how what the formula is for the standard deviation in meters. I am sure there is script running on the Reach RS that looks at the total number of collected points gets the standard deviation in decimal degrees, converts that to radians. Because it knows its longitude, it is able to throw those numbers into something resembling this, Calculate distance and bearing between two Latitude/Longitude points using haversine formula in JavaScript and spits out an answer.

I did what I usually do with these things open up the browser, hop on the web interface and open up the object inspector and look for something that resembles standard deviation.
After about 10 minutes of looking, I couldn’t find anything.

Next I ssh-ed into the reach so I could look through the file system hoping there was a c++ or python file that would point me in the right direction. After about 30 minutes of browsing through the file system I still was left empty handed.

Does anyone have expertise in doing this calculation or know where to find the actual function in the file system?

Thanks

Maybe this is what you are looking for

And this
https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Positioning_Error

3 Likes

Beautiful.
Thats almost exactly what I needed. Thank you.
How could I have missed it with the title “RMS?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.