Reach + RFD900 radios

Another quick RFD900 field report from yesterday to help reassure of the usefulness of the radio links. :wink:

Yesterday was the same location as last report with approx 450m baseline. Set up the base and powered up the rover while sitting a few meters away. Got a solid fix in approx 1 minute. Moved the rover to the work location and had solid grey bars and float status very quickly. Same radio settings as last time, and had Reach slowed to 1Hz. Also I was using my workaround for simultaneously logging the RTCM3 file on the base and sending over the radio. As an aside: The workaround came in handy today when I forgot to power up the base radio and it saved me the 15 minute trip back to the base. RTK wasn’t needed for today’s work, so I just post-processed the logs. In case you’re wondering, I’m not reporting on the position results because they are not great. This is because of the 12-15 meter trees beside and the 60+ meter trees not too far away. Post-processing tweaks are helping, and I found out that 10 minute occupation times on a windy day are not enough. 30+ minute on a calm day worked much better in this jungle.

1 Like