Reach/Reach RS RTK Correction Data through Free NTRIP - Beginners

Hello dpitman,
i have the same questions like you had before.
Can you give me the answers if you figured it out?
How the base without corrections determine its position accurately?
Does it needs time like 15minutes or so?

Thanks

Thanks for your confirmation.
Unfortunately the youcors caster doesnt have any other mountpoint or reference station closer.
I am now thinking the option to buy a second emlid board unit and place it permanently on the roof of my van. Normaly i used to work in close proximity of my van. Will this allow to create a BASE and through LORA to send corections to my REACH RS rover???

Regards
Tasos

The youcors caster I think is not intendent to provide users with a base station, but provide a link from a base user has access to and have nearby. All the others you find on youcors, will almost be to far away. It’s more a like a service to simplefy things when you are out working and don’t want the static IP, forward &port hassle etc. etc.

It will defenitly send correction from one RS to another RS over LoRa, but not sure why stick it to the roof of the car?? Are you thinking of a Reach unit (not RS) ? Those Reach boards dont support LoRa yet, not sure they will right now.

2 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply.
If i buy a second reach RS and use it as a base, do i need to enter corrections to the base or not?
The option to have it in my van is because i am working in more than 20kms away from my office or home.
If i have two units, base and rover how i can set up the base position accurately so i can work with the rover?

Yes and no.
If you need absolute world coordinates, then yes.
If only as a refrence to your rover as relative distance for local measures, then no.

I assume you need RTK, hence the youcors. In that case a VRS (virtual refrence station) might be something you should check out.
20km is a bit far out for RTK.
OR, if you work is more or less stationary in the proximity of 10km and you can set up a basestation at your work area. This could be done with static measure and a greater distance to base of more then 20km.

1 Like

if you work is more or less stationary in the proximity of 10km and you can set up a basestation at your work area. This could be done with static measure and a greater distance to base of more then 20km.
Let me see if i get this right.
I can set up my base station at my work area with a Reach RS unit and use it as a base and surveying my points with another Reach rs as rover. What do you mean static measure?

Static=non moving. Keep your base and rover steady, preferably with a tripod or bipod and occupy each point for a few minutes.

1 Like

ok good.
I just need to measure 3-4 points so i can put a nail and work with my total station.
What accurancy i can achieve by doing that? i can try now at my home, i guess.
So no corrections input for my base station?

Depending on your area, Sub 2cm should be possible. Record raw log on both your devices, and do at least one control survey over the same points about 30 min later, just to verify its been done a valid measure.

1 Like

Your base could be placed over a known point, if not you need to use a provider that you use to correct the base with. This could also be a station with the a distance above 10km with static measure.
But i would survey a point locally that you can use. then you would not have to do this every time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.