Reach M2 PPK Kit for the New DJI Mavic 3

I already have the new version of Metta’s PPK Kit for use with the DJI Mavic 3 drone. Now I can take advantage of the additional flight time the Mavic 3 has so I can cover more of the survey area. The kit has its own battery so I just turn it on, wait for the M2 to be ready and fly! I send some photos. The performance is the same as the other PPK Kits.

The Mavic3 PPK Kit is a non-intrusive adapter system to connect a Reach M2 GNSS receiver (not included) to a DJI Mavic 3 model drone.

Main Advantages:

• There is no need to open or modify the drone
  • Kit attaches and detaches in seconds
  • Includes a smart battery
  • Ultra-fast Image Trigger Detector Sensor
  • Lightweight micro electronics: 85 grams

Link:

5 Likes

This will be awesome when there is mapping software for it. Hopefully in 6-8 months as usual.

2 Likes

Well, how would you do survey flights, with no SDK support from DJI?

1 Like

What’s the flight time with the kit attached? This is a massive blunt object that’ll be severely affected by wind.

I’d spend the months waiting for DJI’s SDK developing a more aerodynamic setup, to be honest.

If the M3 even gets waypoint mission capability at all, unlike Mini 2 and Air 2S.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’m following the question here. I would think to do a survey flight one would fly the mission logging with an onboard M2, and also logging with a base over a known point. Then with both RINEX log files, Images from the drone camera, and GCP survey file you would Post Process in Studio producing the corrections and updating the image geotags so that you could then process the maps, orthos, models etc. in whatever mapping software you like? Am I missing something or is this not how such a PPK Kit would work?

1 Like

I’m not an expert on all these workflows & options, but I’m pretty sure you can use any mapping software you want with this. It’s PPK, you just take your RINEX files (from base & onboard rover), GCP survey, and drone images into Post Processing to get the corrections and update the geotags on the images, then you’re away to which ever software or processing platform you choose for mapping. There is no need for proprietary mapping software. Again, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this simply so?

There is no SDK for this drone currently, so no way to fly a structured mission, without flying manually, and manually triggering the camera to take images.

4 Likes

Thx, I misunderstood it was the drone you were talking about not the kit, and I wasn’t aware of the lack of support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.