Reach M+ and NTRIP CASTER

Using Reach M+ i tried to connect my rover in a NTRIP caster located in Ibaraki , Japan using the RTK2GO.com. I knew very well the capability of m+ as it is L1 receiver only at 10KM. by experimenting the set up connection I got a very quick fix with a baseline of 3657 km.

2 Likes

Hmmm, that fix quality I wouldn’t trust much. Very likely a false fix.

1 Like

Yasser:

That’s got to be an incorrect position, right? Just based on the low number of decimal places in latitude alone (difference between 6.046 degrees and 6.054 degrees latitude, which both round to 6.05, alone is about a kilometer.)

Was your rover really about a mile south of Mindanao University in the Philippines?

false-fix

I suspect that A/R ratio and the scatter plot was bouncing all over the place. Please tell us more.

But still, it’s interesting. I never saw the latitude and longitude display out to just a few decimal places.

• tj.

That is a curious thing. I wonder if there is a software routine that removes the decimal places because of such a long baseline or if it is just an anomaly in the numbers.

I know very well…that the solution degrades at a baseline morethan 10Km. The solution provides complet decimals up to mm solution but i ommited some of decimal numbers. And it is not a false fix using continous A.R. i even got 999.9 Ar validation. For me the solution is still acceptable within 15 cm radius considering localization on 3rd party software.

The decimals agree up to 7 decimal number. I ommited it on the picture before posting it here. What i experimented is a possible solution using free Cors station in Rtk2go.com . During 1 hour experiment,all of the observation was Fix.
Using continous a.r mode. There were only few drift on location but still agree on 15 cm radius in horizontal and 50cm in vertical. The location drift was due to long baseline. The base and rover were 3600Km a part. Using a 3rd party software. i can localize on local grid controls and perform my survey.

It is not anomaly… i omitted it before posting it here.

2 Likes

Ha! photoshop! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont want that you can pin point my exact location. 1 km radius is well masked location.

2 Likes

I was only experimenting and i found solution to extend my m+ rover-base baseline. Using my LORA i can only get 2500 meter range. I would like to publish my rtcm in rtk2go.com so i can get solid fix up to 10km.

2 Likes

I think we’re just used to seeing this kind of “professional” masking :laughing: :
scribble

1 Like

Next time, i will only omit the last decimal on my location to look more professional hahahahah

1 Like

Hi Yasser, may i know what settings you use on your rover to get a fix? I have tried to connect to NAMRIA base station located 130+ km away but I cannot get a fix. How did you get a fix using rtk2go?

1 Like

Yasser:

Let us know how you set up the RTK2GO in detail. I’ve been meaning to try that. The Emlid documentation is a bit vague, but it sounds like it should be easy, but let us know exactly how you set up the base and the rover in Reachview. A free way to get arbitrarily long baselines, all you need is a cell phone or WIFI or other internet at both Base and Rover!

A step by step guide with setup screen screenshots (masking account information of course) would be a great contribution for all of us!

• tj.
1 Like

tj

The Step by Step method to Connect to Rtk2go.com as Data USer or Rover.

2 Likes

tj
once you successfully connected in rtk2go.com. you can TRY to connect to mountpoint (AUBURNHILLS) located in Detroit around 400Km from your location.

Just make sure your rover is in an Open Area without any obstruction. Set your Mode to COntinuous to avoid false fixes. In RTK2go. It is very easy to connect just follow my instruction and you will be connected to any mount point. there are no password because it is FREE. I Recommend that instead of Connecting to NAMRIA why not establish your own base by publishing your base correction in RTK2go.com

Yasser:

Thanks so much for this. I can’t wait to try it out. It sounds like a way to have an arbitrarily long baseline, so long as you can get internet at both base and rover.

There are other companies which charge for similar NTRIP/Server/Caster systems. Not sure why RTK2go won’t work just as well, for free!

• tj.

just let me know if you need any help.

Yasser:

I have been able to get the RTK2GO corrections received by my rover, but I was unsure how to set up a Reach RS+ base to transmit to RTK2go, so it can then be received by a different rover.

Have you managed to do that? If so, how?

• tj.