Reach M+ and Custom Camera on DJI M600

I’m using the Reach M+ on my DJI M600 with a Camera mounted on the Ronin MX Gimbal

I also use the Hotshoe to sync the Reach M+.

My question is the use of Gimbal angles from the Ronin Mx and the like… Currently the only in port is the HotShoe into the M+… should I be importing/syncing the Gimbal angles as well through another in-port?

I would have thought having Gimbal angles would have assisted with the Photogrammetry processing, and also scanning of buildings etc in order to generate point clouds.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to our forum!

Reach M+ doesn’t support the gimbal angles import, so it’s not possible to output the data from the gimbal to another Reach M+ port.

Reach M+ can record time-stamps of the photo taken using the Time mark pin. To implement the setup you described, Reach M+ should record the time-stamps of IMU data also, which is not supported by the firmware.

In general, Reach M+ allows obtaining precise coordinates of the photos that ensure good results for Photogrammetry tasks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.