Reach led alway red, no ReachView interface

Hi, I’ve bought 4 Reach units and with two of them I’m in troubles.
In this post I want to ask help for the first one. I was able to correctly configure the WiFi access. Now I’m able to access that unit using ssh but I can’t see the ReacView interface on the browser. Its led is always red and I can’t understand what is wrong with it. Thanks to the ssh access I’ve issued the dmesg command and I got some errors as below:

[ 302.568938] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p8): error count: 2
[ 302.569001] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p8): initial error at 1476052313: __ext4_journal_start_sb:62
[ 302.569032] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p8): last error at 1476052314: __ext4_journal_start_sb:62

furthermore looking inside the /home/reach/ReachView dir I found that update.sh is 0 size which doesn’t happen in the other units I belong.

I’ve reflashed the unit but after that operation the Reach module led is still red and no ReachView interface is available. Can someone please help me?

David

Hi!

It seems that you’ve encountered a faulty unit. What’s probably happening is one of the self-tests fails and stops the app from running at all.

Could you try running sudo systemctl status reach-setup.service and post the output here?

Whatever happens, it’s best to contact support@emlid.com for a replacement.

Hi Egor

I’be been lucky. After the third reflash the EMLID unit has started. Before getting the right solution, as I’m a Mac user, I’ve tried the Intel_Edison_Setup for Mac which worked for the other units but not for this unworking one. Even the terminal brocedure under Linux, Mac and Dos didn’t work. Just Intel_Edison_Setup for Window solved the problem.