Reach HTTP API for mobile app integration

Hi Floris,

Did you consider using NMEA output? It carries all necessary information and can be used with external app without complicated integration.

Hi Dmitriy,

The NMEA output looks like a good starting point.
Does NMEA also broadcast IMU data?
Is There any way to get the IMU data from the device?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Floris,

At the moment, Reach outputs only NMEA string without IMU data. Weā€™re looking into the possibility to provide IMU access now.

1 Like

Yes! Iā€™ve been working with Navio2 and all IMU is there and is same MPU9250. Surely seems straightforward to bring onto the Reach.

What would be way cool is a Navio2 like unit for Raspberry Pi or Jetson that has multiband GNSS. Instead of Ublox M8 how about throw that same F9P on there. Have ability to run ardupliot in conjunction with Reachview. That would be awesome!

It would be great if we could parse NMEA into separate output with only messages we want to send through Reachview. Sometimes I only need one specific message. If IMU presented then setup custom message like a PAOGI NMEA sentence that can be sent to AgOpenGPS software.

I hope Emlid retains their ā€œhackernessā€ as they continue to grow and keeps their products open.

You could have a look at this if you wanted. We got the IMU data but ran into some difficulties with calibrating it. It was just really cumbersome to callibrate the IMU.

3 Likes

4 years later and still nothing?

Hi Jeffrey,

API is still on our roadmap. Nonetheless, there are more features that need to be finished before that. So Iā€™m afraid we canā€™t provide any specific release dates.

Any news about a supported API? Iā€™d like to use an RS2 in a new custom app, but I need to be able to change some basic settings. I donā€™t want to have my app broken after a RS2-firmware updateā€¦
It seems an issue multiple people are waiting for since ages. Could we still expect something to support integrating emlid devices in other projects? look like we should be able to do this since 2018 :slight_smile: Time is relative

ANY NEWS ON THE API???

IT BEEN ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW!

Plase give us and update or a release date.

Thanks

Hi Pothial,

API is a complex functionality, and a lot of work and resources are needed to implement it. Until itā€™s thoroughly thought out, developed, and tested, we canā€™t release it. It will take as long as itā€™s required to make it reliable and good.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Access position in real-time