Reach Firmware 31 Beta 3 is out

Hi everyone!

We’re glad to present a new Beta version of Reach Firmware31 Beta 1. Here is a list of the changes:

• Added ability to set static IP address when connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Reduced the maximum Age of Differential from 60 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Added ability to use non-ASCII characters for NTRIP username and password. These characters are totally valid now: à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, etc.
  • Fixed the bug related to the FIX sound notification during the device loading.
  • Fixed some cases when Wi-Fi cannot be enabled back after shutting it down.

As usual, feel free to share your feedback on the new features and issues.

13 Likes

Stable or dev ?

Beta= dev

2 Likes

Hi Viktor, is there a release note of the beta versions somewhere ?

It is nice to be able to set a static IP on Wifi but I am still waiting to be able to change the static IP on USB to be able to use two receivers on the same PC. And also set a static IP when using an Ethernet adapter.

1 Like

Hi Florian,

You can only check the release notes for Beta firmware in the forum’s topics. At the moment, we don’t add these notes to the docs.

3 Likes

Hi @rreignier,

At the moment, we don’t have this functionality on our roadmap. But we definitely remember your request and will consider it in the future.

4 Likes

Seeing an odd behavior with this release. Setup using base/rover my rover will receive corrections for a few seconds over LoRa and fix then stop. I can turn off LoRa and restart it will fix for a few seconds then quit again

Let me know if you need any additional information

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reporting!

Do I get it right that the correction stream just breaks off? Does the rover still observe satellite signals?

Correct. The rover and base SV tracking seem fine. The correction stream just goes away after a few seconds. It may work 10 second or so per restart

Something went wrong with update 31b1. I cant connect my units through LoRa. I fact the connection stops after 10-12s.

As seen in screenshot, rover unit is receiving corrections from base.

I tried to setup a base-rover through Emlid Caster and it works perfectly.

If you need additional information reply.

Thank you!

Hi Kevin,

Can you please send the Full system report from both devices to support@emlid.com? I’ll check them.

Hi Adis,

I see that you’re in touch with Kirill regarding this issue. Can you please send the Full system reports from the receivers to Kirill? We’ll analyze both reports to understand what causes this behavior.

Hello everyone!
Thank you for providing feedback on the 31 Beta 1 release! Today, we are introducing the new version of Reach Firmware—31 Beta 2! This version includes important bug fixes, new features, and improved stability. Check it out!
New features:

• Updated LoRa frequency constraints for different countries.
  • Logs from the same session are now saved into a single archive.

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Wi-Fi couldn’t be enabled again after it had been shut down.
  • Fixed an issue where the NTRIP caster hostname couldn’t be resolved after a reboot.
  • Fixed an issue where the Reach hotspot couldn’t assign an IP address to client devices.

5 Likes

Looking forward to the stable update!
And also being able to select several data recording logs to download at once!

3 Likes

Downloaded 31 Beta 2, to RS2 (Rover) but not to RS+ (Base) (YET)
Immediately went to “Fix” Solution…
I have not been able to get a fixed solution for 4 - 6 weeks or longer…
This is not a field test, but am looking forward to seeing some results soon.

2 Likes

Update - Field test failed… Unable to get fixed position in the field.
Updated base to 30.2 Beta, units about 50 ft. apart… had a fixed position for about 5 seconds…

Hi @joaovitorlara8,

I noted your request, thanks for the feedback!

Hi Roger,

Can you elaborate more on your setup? Are you using RS+ base with RS2 rover?

Yes, RS+ for base, and RS2 rover… just because that way we have the ability to use two separate units with NTRIP.

Do you need screen shots of the set up for each? If so, what screens do you need?